Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 31, 2011

Wintry Mix

Who wants to hear wintry mix for the next three days? Not I for sure. The kids got out of school at 2 today because of freezing rain with snow to follow as well as high winds and plummeting temperatures. Wishing I could be somewhere warm but settling for staying inside where I'm dry and warm. I can hibernate with my cat and my books and we'll both be happy.

Finished R N Morris's "A Razor Wrapped in Silk" which was interesting but a lot of philosophical discussion. The third book in the series set in St Petersburg, 1870, finds Porfiry Petrovich and Verginsky with two very different crimes  to solve, one is the murder of a society beauty and the other is the disappearance of a child factory worker. On the brink of revolution, there are many factions at work here with some of them doing everything they can to slow down the investigation.  I'm wondering what will happen to these two fine, honest magistrates when the revolution comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment