Powered By Blogger

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Top Reads of 2011

I just looked back to last year's books and I read more books in 2010 than I did in 2011 but maybe that's because I started playing Bridge again and that's taking up a lot of time. First I joined a regular bridge club which led to a duplicate bridge group followed by subbing and then three marathon games. Hmm, went from none to almost too many. I'm still playing Mah Jongg once a week also but not very regularly: too many distractions for the group.

Back to books. I read 159 in 2010 and 147 in 2011, that's almost a whole month of reading. Did I lose a month this year? On the other hand, there were a lot of really good books that I read. Maybe it was quality over quantity. Why not?

My top reads were:
Watson, S J, Before I Go To Sleep
Adler-Olsen, Jussi, The Keeper of Lost Causes
Followed by
Nesbo, Jo, The Leopard
Meyer, Deon, Thirteen Hours
The next ones were all equal
Connelly, Michael, The Drop (He has always been one of my 10 favorite authors)
Crombie, Deborah, No Mark Upon Her (Another favorite author)
Penny, Louise, A Trick of the Light
Finally
Hurley, Graham, Borrowed Light
James, Peter, Dead Man's Grip
Kepler, Lars, The Hypnotist
There were several more that very easily could have been on that list like The Boy in the Suitcase or The Day is Dark or A Thousand Cuts.

Next I'm going to check for how well I did with my reading resolutions. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment