Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I'm Off to Warmer Weather

Finally I begin my journey to leave the cold and snow behind. Begin being the key word since I still have to spend the night in a Chicago airport hotel before I fly to San Juan, Puerto Rico tomorrow. After sightseeing in P R and spending the night there, Friday a.m. I board the Celebrity Millenium for 11 days of cruising the Southern Caribbean.

I love being waited on and pampered while I'm on board but I also like the opportunity to go ashore each day to visit another island. I'm a grand tourist because there's very little I'm not interested in seeing. And if I'm not, I always have the proverbial book in hand.

Usually when I travel I have to do all of the work myself, constantly checking that I'm in the right place doing what I'm supposed to be doing but not this trip. This is a Bank trip and yeah there are a lot of other people going but once we arrive we'll all be on our own to do what ever we want.

I'm meeting my roommate, my cousin Judy who is flying from Florida, at the hotel in San Juan where we have time to check out the Old Town. I've heard the "not to miss" food item in San Juan is black bean soup in Old Town so we'll check it out. We travel well together because we pretty much like to do the same things. I have my travel Mah Jongg set so we can play a few games in our spare time. We have three players and maybe we can pick up another along the way.

I'm reading The Dead Lie Down by Sophie Hannah, the third in the series. There are some weird people in these books but I guess I should expect that since they are billed as psychological thrillers. The protagonists have so much baggage that they drive me bonkers but the author keeps me guessing about where the plot is going so maybe that's why I keep reading them.Since I'm only half way through the book, it's traveling with me.

Time to go.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so envious you're going to be in warm weather while we have freezing temps here in VA. We're supposed to have a ice/rain/sleet mix starting tonight in to the morning. Lovely! I've stopped at San Juan on a couple of cruises, but never flown out of there. I hope you got out of Chicago and on to San Juan OK. I love your cousin's name!!!i A friend came over this AM so that I could teach her to knit, so that was fun. I'm leaving Saturday to see Brady-I can hardly wait! Have a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ice/rain/sleet mix today seems like deja vu, doesn't it? Or maybe you won't get it until tomorrow. It is a nice name that is given to nice people.

    ReplyDelete