Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Resolutions and Books

Already one of my New Year's resolutions is proving a problem because somehow I have managed to hurt my foot so that I can't walk without great pain unless I am barefoot. Makes it rather hard to walk on the treadmill or to go work out. I'm hoping if I baby it, it will be recovered by next week when I leave for my cruise. I have tours set up for every island we go to so I'll have to do a lot of walking.

Decided I needed to upgrade my Kindle, mine is the original one, but it seems everyone else decided to buy one also so I couldn't get one delivered until almost a week into the cruise. Forget that idea. Since it's so old, I have to worry that the battery might die and I'll only have the few paperback books that I'm taking along for backup. I don't worry about power outages or plane crashes, I worry about running out of books to read. That's a major crisis!

The book I finished yesterday was Peepshow by Leigh Redhead, a little racier than my normal fare but interesting. I learned more about the sex trade than I ever imagined I could know or want to know. "Simone Kirsch always wanted to join the police force. She's smart, fit and wants to do good. But she has a problem. She has worked as a stripper for the last three years and the service won't let her in." After passing an investigator course in Melbourne, Australia, she has to solve a murder to save her friend who has been kidnapped. Somehow Redhead made the clubs and the people involved look less tawdry and depressing than most authors do so the book was rather upbeat. I liked it but may not read another in the series.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry about your foot. I hope it's getting better. Trooper that you are, I know it won't slow you down! As to the weight, if I can do it, I know you can.

    ReplyDelete