Powered By Blogger

Friday, December 31, 2010

Almost The Last of 2010

I'm working on finishing The Leopard's Prey by Suzanne Arruda by the end of the day or night. If I do, I'll have read 159 books this year plus listened to about ten or twelve audio books.

My top ten books for 2010 are below listed in alpha order. I wonder why we always do ten when it's so hard to narrow the tops down to only 10. The last two are the very hardest to choose.


Penny, Louise, Bury Your Dead This is the only Book I gave an A+ to so I'll put it at the top of the list. I read The Brutal Telling in 2010 and I gave it an A also but I didn't want to count two by the same author.


Connelly, Michael, The Scarecrow.  I liked The Reversal almost as much
Ellory, R J, The Anniverary Man
Giarratano, Leah, Voodoo Doll.  I read 3 of hers but I liked this one the best. 
Hart, John, The Last Child
Hyland, Adrian, Gunshot Road 
Larsson, Stieg, The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest. This ended being my fave of the three
Nesbo, Jo, The Snowman. I love the Harry Hole books.
Rotenberg, Robert, Old City Hall
Theorin, Johan, The Darkest Room

I had a really good year with most of the books falling in the I really like or I liked categories. I only had six I didn't like at all which is a very small percentage. I'm looking forward to more good books in 2011 and participating in a couple of reading challenges.

2 comments:

  1. Sally, I have yet to read BURY YOUR DEAD by Louise Penny, but it's on my tbr list and am looking forward to it...as you know I didn't like THE BRUTAL TELLING after loving her from book one, so hopefully BURY YOUR DEAD will change my mind. :-) And I'd have no problem at all putting two by one author on a yearly list, if I liked them very well. But that's just me. :-)

    Adrian Hyland's GUNSHOT ROAD made my yearly tops list, also. He brings the places and people so vividly to life, imo.

    I wish I could like the Harry Hole books by Nesbo, have tried them a couple times, and I know he's considered so very good.

    I also really liked Hart's THE LAST CHILD.

    I am going to try a reading challenge this year, also, sounds easy enough for me and fun, the one I'm trying. Enjoy!

    Good list, Sally!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 159 books!!! When do you have time for anything else, and I know you do a lot of other things??? The only book on your Top Ten that I had read is The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest and it was my favorite of the 3 also.

    I'm feeling very bad about my paltry amount of reading now!

    ReplyDelete