Powered By Blogger

Saturday, January 7, 2012

New Year/New Resolutions

My new resolutions are to write more regularly, read more of the books that have been languishing on shelves for years and be more organized in what I do. Not to be pessimistic but these resolutions will probably go the way of most of my others which is nowhere.

It's only the 7th of January and I'm starting one of them: I'm here writing. The others are still waiting for their turn.

I have my top ten reads of the year so I have accomplished one bit of organization. I still have to sort by country and see if I met my goals from last year. That sounds like a job for tomorrow.


I loved these first two books and I still keep thinking about them.
Watson,  S J, Before I Go To Sleep
Adler-Olsen, Jussi, The Keeper of Lost Causes


These were my next two favorites and then the others are tops to make ten in no particular order.
Nesbo, Jo, The Leopard
Meyer, Deon, Thirteen Hours

Crombie, Debora, No Mark Upon Her
Connelly, Michael, The Drop
Kepler, Lars, The Hypnotist
Hurley, Graham, Borrowed Light
James, Peter,  Dead Man's Grip

I had a really good reading year with only a few clunkers. I read 146 books or at least I remembered to enter that many in my log. Sometimes I forget and then may or may not catch it.

So far this year I've read a so-so book by Peter Lovesey, Stagestruck, which wasn't up to par for him and now I'm reading Ian Rankin's The Impossible Dead which is much better. Even though it's not a Rebus, I'm enjoying the adventures of Fox and his crew from the Complaints. The mystery is intriguing and I have no clue who the present day killer is.

I think it's time to go find out a little more about what's going on in Scotland with crime so I'm off to my book

No comments:

Post a Comment